We have just spent the past 3 days at the extraordinary Camp Rumbug in Foster, south east Victoria.
It is an amazing property set in a a hilly forest environment.
Our year 5 and 6 students were pushed from their comfort zones, sent on adventures to take up challenges, face their fears and make fantastic achievements.
Amongst some of the challenges was running through a pool of mud, swinging from a giant 20 metre swing, abseiling down a 30 metre wall and crossing drawbridges over lakes. They showed teamwork and determination to complete the challenges. It was a fabulous camp for all students and the teachers.
Thank-you all for a wonderful and memorable camp.
The nerves and energy levels were high as we boarded the bus, on our way to Knox Athletics track.
All the grade 4, 5 and 6 students were participating in a range of field and track events. We had been practicing every Friday all term so we were keen to test our skills at the huge track.
Everyone did their best and Harry was a star, breaking a 16 year old record in the 100 meter hurdles. We were achieving amazing results in all domains so we knew that it would be a close result in the end.
As the final scores were tallied and read aloud we were in the top 3. Everyone held their breath until the final announcement……we had won! Everyone jumped and screamed and cheered. Two of our captains received the trophy and flag. The team support, encouragement and spirit was commendable from our students. It had been a fabulous day for everyone involved.
We have been thinking about the BIG question for our Inquiry unit-
“What can we achieve when each of us shares our talents and all work together?”
Our focus is on the Performing Arts and we hope to experience
We watched an awesome Video on dances from many different Musicals. These are some of our Refelctions:
• Teamwork is important
• You get more ideas when you work as a group
• Working together is more fun
• Great new ideas come from different people
• You are encouraged to practice more in a group
• As a team you support and help each other
• There is Cool dancing on the movies
• Never give up and you will become really good at your talent
• Good costumes add colour and style to the performance
• Drama and Dance made the musicals more interesting
• Mixture of kids and adult dances
• They move their bodies fast
• Mary poppins danced with Bert
• Singing and dancing together is fun
• Dance to the beat of the music to stay in time
• Funky music is entertaining
Have you ever been in a performance where teamwork was important?
Please Comment and share your ideas for our learning!!!
Juniors are Jigging This Term!!