WHAT DID WE SEE?
Lightning from the Tesla Coil
Robotic faces that mimicked our expressions
Cycle power creating light
Pulleys used in rescue missions
Static electricity that was hair raising
Ball pit designed for raft rescue in a storm
WHAT DO WE THINK?
We use so much energy
You are safest in a house or car when there is lightning
Lightning travels at incredible speeds
The future os science looks amazing
Science will benefit our lives in the future
Magnets and generators can be joined to create energy
Cars of the future will be renewable and small
WHAT DO WE WONDER?
What was the Tesla Coil originally used for?
How can our mind transmit energy to move a ball?
How could we catch and store energy from a lightning storm?
Could lightning storm energy be used to power houses in remote areas?
Why would we need floating cars in the future?
How long did it take to plan, design and construct Scienceworks and the exhibitions?
INQUIRY QUESTION : How does our knowledge and understanding of science improve our world?
By the end of the unit we hope the students will understand:
- Light from a source forms shadows and can be absorbed, reflected and refracted
- Electrical circuits provide a means of transferring and transforming electricity
- Energy from a variety of sources can be used to generate electricity
- Scientific knowledge is used to inform personal and community decisions
- Providing and analysing data and information informs scientific knowledge and progress
Explore these websites and apps to discover more!