Last night there was great excitement, as we all gathered for a big Sports night, at BoxHill Athletics track. All students took part in the 100 metre sprints. It was optional to participate in the 200 metres and there was great excitement when Ngong beat Harry to take home the Principal’s Cup. Harry was successful in the Circular relay just beating Ngong, to claim victory in the last race of the night. The Opening ceremony was fun, as we all marched in, then Danced to to ACDC in “Long way to the Top.”
We all took part in Tabloid sports events, including the discus, shotput, tunnel ball and long jump.
Thanks for all the organisation of the night to Mr Crowe and Mr Campbell. It was a fabulous community event. Well done to the Red Team for winning overall.
Today was a fantastic learning experience for us as we travelled to a nearby school to check out their amazing garden. It was created by the parents at St Thomas School in Blackburn and is in the back yard of an adjoining house to the school.
Just have a look at what is growing in their garden!
Our Visit to St. Thomas’s Sustainable Garden on PhotoPeach
– that you can keep chickens at school and collect their eggs
– how they care for plants
– how to grow many different plants
– many different salad vegetables
– composting in the garden
– espaliering fruit trees
– the different sizes and colours of chicken eggs
– carrots can be purple and many other colours too
– you can eat certain flower petals like nasturtiums
– new recipes like pumpkin fritters, cheese and chive scones and salad rice paper rolls
Thankyou to the Sustainable School captains who shared their knowledge and experiences of gardening with us.
It’s great to grow vegetables at school and at home!