St. Patrick’s Day

St Patrick's Day at St Luke's

Raquel – What a great way to Celebrate St Patrick’s day, with everyone dressed in green and helping to support the victims of the cyclone in Tonga.

Rylee – The Social Justice Team organised a Fundraising event to help the people of Tonga. The team made green cupcakes, biscuits, green jelly and cordial.It was good to donate money for the cause while also celebrating St. Patrick’s Day.

Luke – It was wonderful that everyone got into the Spirit of the day by wearing green. There were lots of leprechaun hats, green capes, t-shirts and more.

Adam- We raised plenty of money selling raffle tickets, cakes and some of the team did face painting also.

Ben – St. Patrick’s Day was fun and the Social Justice Team organised a cake shop, food and face painting. I loved selling the food and helping raise money for the people of Tonga.

Tully- St Patrick’s Day was good because we got to eat lots of yummy food and have free dress. Everyone enjoyed the day.

Patrick – As my name is Patrick I love St. Patrick’s Day. I enjoy wearing green and eating lots of green food. My highlight of the day was helping to sell the green food to the rest of the school.

Chloe – I really enjoyed St. Patrick’s Day and donating for the people of Tonga who lost their homes in the cyclone. I also liked wearing green and seeing all the people’s happy faces.

5 thoughts on “St. Patrick’s Day

1. Dear Boys and Girls,

All the way from Ireland, may I say I loved your celebration for St.Patrick’s Day. You really captured the spirit of the day.

It is great to see all the happy, smiling faces and all the colourful decorations.

I particularly liked how you used the occasion to remember the people of Tonga.

With every good wish from the Emerald Isle,
    Merry Beau

2. Fabulous job Social justice team. You organised yourselves well, and picked a great day to carry it out. Keep thinking about others.
    I’m green with envy!!??!! 🙂
    Mrs Bellesini 🙂

3. ‘Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh’ or ‘Happy St. Patrick’s day to all of our Quadblogging buddies in Melbourne!

We hope you had a great day, we had a similarly fun-filled day learning about all things Irish at Barrow Hill!

It’s great to see one of you in a Celtic F.C. soccer shirt – they are one of my favourite teams and I have been to watch them play at their Celtic Park stadium many times!

Best wishes from the UK!

Mr. Heeley and Oaks class at Barrow Hill Primary School, UK.

4. I bet all of those buns are absolutely delicious I wish I could have one! 🙂 I hope you all had a great time during St.Patricks day. All of your children look really green and happy! The hats looked really long and nice !

Hope you enjoy reading my comment we hope to see more comments from you on our blog!