Our Visit to Melbourne Zoo

As part of our Inquiry learning we visited the Melbourne Zoo to learn more about how we can help to protect the habitats of different animals.
Carmen
We learnt about many different animals and the biomes that they live in. The zoo takes very good care of all the animals. They are breeding many different animals to ensure their survival into the future.
Vanessa
What a zooper time I had at the zoo. I enjoyed walking around and seeing the animals living in their specially designed habitats. The lesson with Tom was really helpful. I now have a greater understanding of Orangutans and their lifestyle. I also learnt that their habitats have been destroyed to plant more palm trees for palm oil. Many of the products that we use have palm oil in them. We all need to stop buying products that have palm oil in them and protect the habitats of the orangutan.
An unforgettable moment was holding an orangutans skull. We learnt about the damage that poachers are causing to many animals.
Mark
I discovered that CHIPP describes the different ways that animals will become extinct.
C stands for Climate change
H stands for Habitat loss
I stands for Introduced species
P stands for Pollution
P stands for Poaching
There are ways that we can all stop these. We can stop deforestation by not buying the products. We can all help to stop pollution by not littering and recycling more.
We need to raise awareness and help to reduce all of these dangers to animals.

2 thoughts on “Our Visit to Melbourne Zoo

1. The Zoo is such a wonderful place to visit, as you learn or see something new each time you visit. It is great to know not to buy products with palm oil in them to help save habitats. It looks like it was a perfect day to visit, and you have some fabulous photos to remember the day.
    Mrs Bellesini 🙂

2. What a fun and educational experience Melbourne Zoo was. It was so amazing to see all the different types of gorgeous animals and there beautiful habitats. I learnt that Palm Oil is doing harm to our beloved orangutans because palm trees are growing in their habitats which are causing promblems in their daily life. It was such a perfect day, we were blessed to have such nice weather and being able to see the animals put on a show.