Around Australia School Concert

Last night was a HUGE night as we all performed in our School Concert. It was based on the story “Are we there yet?” which tells about a family’s adventure travelling around Australia. They visit many exotic locations around Australia as they tow their caravan with their VW combi van. Each class performed two items featuring all Australian music. There was dancing, singing, drama, drums, sticks, bag pipes and lots of jokes.
We all loved the night and had a special surprise when all the teachers came out and sang “I will survive” from the Aussie movie, Priscilla, Queen of the desert.
The finale featured the whole school singing ‘We are Australian.’ It was a wonderful night showcasing the extraordinary talent of all of our students.

Final Dress rehearsal

8 thoughts on “Around Australia School Concert

1. It was such a great night, show casing lots of talent in many different areas. The script was great, the actors, dancers, costumes, props, slideshow, backstage helpers, greenroom dressers, music, drummers and singers were all magnificent. Well done to the many of different people involved!
    Mrs Bellesini 🙂

2. Simply awesome night ! What can l say !! Except congratulations everyone you were great – amazing talent and a lot of fun ! Obviously the whole night is about great teamwork and everyone adding their expertise and enjoying the opportunity to perform – so proud of you All !
    Stick to your day job teachers !!

3. What a fantastic performance!! Well done and congratulations to all the students, you were all superstars!! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!!!!

4. Thank you so much! Yes there was a lot of work that went into this. We missed out on some sport for this but it all payed off. A very special thank you to Mrs Riddiford.

5. I loved the play. It was so much fun dancing and singing and having lots of fun at the same time. I really enjoyed the teachers dancing to I Will Survive and I loved their costumes.

6. Hi Seniors,
    I thought everyone performed amazingly on Tuesday night! Thunderstruck was awesome with flashing lights and lightning bolts, Junior M looked great in their sea creature costumes
    and my class had great fun!
    When I get the DVD I will watch ‘Priscilla: Queen of the Desert’ over and over again. Go teachers!
    We all couldn’t have done it without you Mrs Riddiford! Thanks so much!
    Chloe

7. Thanks for the excellent night Mrs Gridley and Mrs Riddy Best performces ever.
    Better then my old schools performces “Priscilla Queen of the Desert” Was my favorite dance/song out of all of them.
    From Imogenb