Term 3 Reflections

WOW I have learnt so much this term. I really liked the expo we had because it was really fun and I learnt so much about the people that we all researched about. I have also enjoyed doing the family history because I’ve gotten to know my family even more.
What has helped me learn this term?
Having Mrs. Gridley explain things easily  in maths has helped me a lot. I often get that feeling when you finally understand things. But I have also learnt from the people who have presented their PLT’s because I’ve learnt from my classmates.
What have I discovered about History?
I have learnt heaps about my family including that my Great Grandma and Grandpa both came to Australia as free settlers, in the pre-gold-rush days.
And they married at Wootong Victoria in 1857. I discovered that my Great Grandpa lived the life of a shepherd. I have learnt lot’s of fascinating facts!

By Georgia

YIANNI”S GRANDFATHER DURING THE WAR

My teacher has taught me a lot on maths and about my writing such as tenses. All students have taught me something from maths to literacy to inquiry which I think is great because we can share our knowledge.

What have I discovered about history?

I have discovered more about my family’s history and where they came from and I have learnt the types of fashion in the 1910’s and in the 1960’s. Overall this term has been great learning about our generations and the history of Australia.

Hailey

What have I discovered about History?
I have learnt about events in History such as the Gold Rush and the First Fleet. Also learning about Famous Australians such as Victor Chang and Sir Don Bradman was great. Working on my Family History PLT is something that I have enjoyed the most because I have learnt so MUCH more about history and my family stories!

James

What have you discovered about History?

I discovered that History is not in one generation but in lots of generation. I learnt about the gold rush, entertainment in the 1960’s, famous Australians. I learnt about my family history I found out that my great great came from Spain.

By Carmen

2 thoughts on “Term 3 Reflections

1. Thanks for your reflections Seniors. It’s great to learn from both teachers and each other, as well as discovering something for yourself! Sounds like all of these things have happened. Keep up the great learning
    Mrs Bellesini 🙂

2. WOW Yianni, you have some really good pictures there. it’s great to know that people have learnt not just about history of Australia, but more importantly the history of there own family. it was a hard working term but it looks like it has all paid off with the reward of success and new knowledge. but just because you had 4 projects last term doesn’t mean you can slack off for the next one.

-Jon.B