Global Poverty Project

Last week we were involved in A Global Citizen and Fair Trade Event. We worked with students from schools in the City of Whitehorse. This is a reflection from
VANESSA.
Today at the Fair Tade Event was a very important time because it had a huge impact on our understanding of the global issues around Poverty. Alicia from The Global Poverty Project taught us about all of the issues that are happening right now and how lucky we are to have all of the resources that we need to live a happy life. This experience showed us that Poverty is a huge issue in our world and that we are the next generation who have the power to make sure that poverty is history.
How would you feel if you were sleeping on sandbags everyday, had no fresh water, had to walk miles to see a doctor and had no parents to support you through this tough time?
It is up to us to make a difference. How will you help to be make the change?

We are now all working on a Social Justice issue of our Choice to research more and to take some Action to help make a difference.

5 thoughts on “Global Poverty Project

1. Hey Everyone,
    That was a really good excursion we went to because we learnt a lot about fair trade. I also learnt about the fair trade symbol. I liked when we got into groups with other schools that was really good. I really like Vanessas reflecton! From Georgia

2. I like all the activities your doing there I would love to try some out at school or at home but I choose home but football at school on the playground! :):):);););):):):);););)

3. I like all the activities your doing there I would love to try some out at school or at home but I choose home but football at school on the playground! 🙂 🙂 🙂 😉 😉 😉 🙂 🙂 🙂 😉 😉 😉

4. They look really interesting I wish I could do some!rreally:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:((:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

5. Dear Junior Blackburn,
    WOW! Every post you put up on your blog is amazing, it does look really fun and cool. I wish we did something like this at school, I like how you worked in a group, to produce a great piece of work. Maybe next time you could add what your best bit was.
    From Annalese
    http://www.6d2012.highlawnprimary.net