Scary Ghost Stories

Today we visited the Literacy Shed to inspire some creative writing. The students chose to visit The Ghostly Shed http://www.literacyshed.com/the-ghostly-shed.html
I was nervous but excited as they shared their stories. In the end there were screams of horror. Their imaginations had run wild…..

The graveyard was dark and clouded. It was silent and haunted. I started speed walking, faster and faster. I had run into the cemetery as a shortcut. That was the biggest mistake I had ever made. Suddenly I heard, ‘Lucy, Lucy, Lucy’ echoing. My name was echoing over and over, again and again. I started running. I heard rustling. It was getting louder and louder, closer and closer. I couldn’t get out of that place fast enough. I was sprinting. I finally found the exit. IT WAS LOCKED! What would I do now? Something was right behind me. I could feel it’s presence. It grabbed me. AHHHH!……………………………….DEATH!
Hannah P.

“Edith. Are you coming or not!!” She pulled on her shoes. “Fine mum. We see Chopie’s grave every week. Why do we have to see it again??”
Edith’s mum yelled loudly but calmly, as Edith was imitating her, for she already new the response. “He is one of the greatest composers in this world. First you need to learn about great musicians and then you will learn how to play the piano. You will also learn that there are no such things as ghosts!”
Edith knew that there were ghosts and she was going to prove it.
Finally, they arrived at the graveyard.
“Mum. Where are you? Mum??” Edith couldn’t find her anywhere. She felt some wind blowing through her hair. Then a sharp pain rushed through her heart. Edith, was dead.
Sarah

As I went to sleep that night there was a dark breeze blowing on my face. The next thing I remember was that I was walking slowly through a dark cemetery. I was not afraid but deeply entranced. I looked at my watch. It was 12:00 AM, in the year 2012. A gust of wind blew the red poppies from someone’s grave. I put them back on but wait that’s my name, my birth date, my grave….but how?
I looked at my watch. It was still 12:00 AM but the year was 3014!
Am I dead? I looked over to my right and I saw my mother’s grave. It read “died in grief after terrible loss of daughter Lizzy Dixon.” Sadly I never woke up from that nightmare.
Now I live in complete silence!
Lizzy

In the misty coldness of a winter’s night, Old Man Flinn Canderson, walked through the graves. He was a horrible looking man with yellow fingers and a rotten body. His face was pale and had started to rot. Pieces of skin fell from his face and his back. He had blood dripping down from where he had been shot dead.
He was a murderer in his day, so when they put him in his coffin they put chains around him. So each time he walked, you could hear the sounds of chains clanging and his moaning, as he held onto his back. He made sure that the cemetary was a place that noone approached willingly.
Jess S

16 thoughts on “Scary Ghost Stories

1. Hi everyone.

Wow! Those ghost stories just gave me the shivers down my spine. I liked all of the stories and hope you all never give up doing blogs.

Overall, i have a question. Why did you all make the stories so scary? It took me one minute to capture all of the stories. And when i did, It sent more shivers down my spine!

2. Hi Carley,
    we are glad that you enjoyed our scary stories. The students all chose to visit the Ghostly Shed on the Literacy Shed blog. It gave us some great ideas for developing some eerie story lines. We certainly had fun creating them.
    Thanks for your comment
    Mrs Verona Gridley

3. Hi everyone!!
    Everyone did a fantastic job at the stories!!!
    Watching all those videos of ‘Ghosts’ ahve freaked me out!!
    Keep up the good work!!
    Sarahh

4. Hi anthony here and yes today we had a fun learning time with literacy shed and for you teachers out there you should check it out.

I really enjoyed today and I loved all the reflections but the best thing about it, the girls screamed most of the time while 2 boys and I were just laughing our heads off!

My story/reflection is here:
    Today we watched three heart racing mini movies all of them being about…GHOSTS!

We got 2 of them from literacy shed which is a great site it has multiple videos and multiple topics. Now about the other one which is the one im going to tell you about it was a youtube video.Being a youtube video, called Michael Jackson’s ghost. (Link is below) In the video it was Larry King with a reporter in Michael Jackson’s house as he was currently looking for paranormal activity, then he turned round the corner and saw a terrifying shadow going from side to side around a fire place and then they curiously replayed it over and over but after 3 replays they went closer and… BAM! There was a freaky looking nun up on the screen.

Overall it was fun because the girls screamed their heads off while me and another kid called Jack were laughing our heads off.

(LINKS)

Literacy Shed: http://www.literacyshed.com/index.html

Michael Jackson’s Ghost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zu9svX2L7A

Great work: anthony

5. Thank you for sharing this writing. There is some good quality description in each of your pieces of writing, but the phrase that has really caught my eye was in Jess’ final sentence – ‘no one approached this cemetery willingly.’ – a superb way to create an atmosphere of fear and mystery. Great stuff.

Mr Huxley
    Head Teacher
    Haggonfields Primary School
    http://www.haggonfields.net

6. Thanks Mr Huxley,
    the ghostly imagery portrayed in the film clips certainly captured the students imagination.
    It was one of those great lessons that the students are still talking about today.
    Thankyou for your great feedback and encouraging comment,
    Mrs Verona Gridley

7. Hi Everyone
    I loved reading all the scary stories. They were really detailed and interesting. I liked the way a lot of the stories ended with a mystery. Great Job.
    Nic K.

8. Hi everyone 🙂
    I liked how detailed all of your stories were but one question….why did they all have to die?!?!?!

9. Hey Everyone,
    All of the ghost stories are really good
    and SPOOKY!
    and I have one question for you
    do you believe in ghosts?
    it looks like you had a fun day on wednesday!
    From GMcKenna

10. Hi everyone,
    Those stories are great! They are really interesting and spooky! Everyone had great descriptive languange in their stories!

Great job everone!

11. Hi everyone,
    What great stories you’ve made.
    I tried to make a poem. . . .

One night heard a crash that woke me up,
    As scared as a cat, to frightened to get up,
    My curtains were blowing, a hoot and a howl,
    No creature I know, could be quite as loud,
    My heart was pumping, a shiver down my spine,
    Just praying and wishing, that I’ll be fine,
    Once I get up there’s no turning back,
    This creature is ready to spring his attack,
    I open the curtain with corage and fear,
    Then out poped a creature and poof I dissapeared.

Great job everyone!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

12. Hi Everyone,
    Great ghost stories. I loved all the descriptive language.
    They were all very interesting and detailed. keep writing more scarey ghost stories and holding us in suspence.
    Joe. M

13. Wow! I really like how you used your amazing vocabulary and aliteration.Also you used some conectives. Maybe next time , you could use some more punctuation.

14. Wow! These stories really capture the ghostly mood.
    Lizzy – your story about you finding your mother’s grave was really spine tingling.
    Jess – you have made me think that whenever I see a graveyard, I may see Old man Flinn Canderson walking with his chains!
    Hannah – I love how you have personified Death in your story.
    Sarah – I think your story is clever how it begins quite normally in conversation then ends abrubtly with Edith’s death. There is something really spooky about the wind blowing through her hair too.

All the stories are excellent. Great sentence structure and punctuation too. I shall be showing these to Maple class as great examples of this type of work.

Well done.
    Mrs Prior and Maple Class

15. Dear Sarah,
    I like your story, because you described your setting well and used great adjectives such as ‘ a sharp pain’. I loved your spooky atmosphere that you have created, because you created such an amazing tension! I love your work and cannot wait to hear more of your amazing writing! Remember to …… keep it up!

Charlotte.W
    http://www.6d2012.highlawnprimary.net
    Quaddingbuddies!