Book Week 2012

This Week we celebrate great literature in Australia. Many amazing authors were shortlisted for the Book Week awards. We will discuss the Books that we have enjoyed. Please add your comments to our Voicethread.
What is your favourite book to read?

6 thoughts on “Book Week 2012

1. Hi Kidsjig,

Georgia and I loved book week, our favourite books to read are a series called Dork Diaries.
    It was really fun dressing up in different costumes. We also loved reading lots of good books for example The Flood, A Bus called Heaven and For All Creatures.

From, Georgia and Siobhon.

2. This was a lot of fun!!
    Everyone looked great in their costumes!
    I dressed up as Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
    My favirote part was looking at everyones costumes in the parade!
    What was yours?
    From Sarah

3. Hello everyone,

The last few days have been hectic for me as this time of year I produce DVDs for our 15 school Festival of Performing Arts. One school I visited today was having their costume day. At first I wondered why until I realised Book Week had come around. It’s always a good excuse to have some fun becoming characters from our favourite books. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

4. Hi Kids Jig,
    I really enjoyed book week. I think it is good to celebrate books in such a fun way! I dressed up as Harry Potter. My favourite part of the day was definitly the parade. Everyone had such good costumes.
    From Madi

5. Book week was a day we dressed up as our favorite book characters. We had a lot of fun and it was a great day. We had a parade and every one dressed up. I was dressed up as Bufon, a soccer player.

From Anthony Ziino

6. Sounds like all of you have had a good time dressing up as your favourite author or book character!

From Aamina and Aamina
    Please come and visit (www.6d2012.highlawnrpimary.net)