Kids learning from each other

As part of our inquiry unit this term on Cultural diversity, each student chose one olympic country that they would like to know more about.

STUDENT REFLECTIONS
It was a fantastic way to learn from our friends.
Everyone did such a great job with their presentations.
I enjoyed the variety of slideshows, prezis, powerpoints and posters.
I didn’t know that countries could be so different.

5 thoughts on “Kids learning from each other

1. Hello Kidsjig,

Well done, everyone. 🙂

By the photos in your presentation, I can see you all achieved quality outcomes in your research. Even within your class you can find diversity in the way you approach topics and your abilities you share.

Your post is entitled “Kids learning from each other”. I would add “… and teachers learning from kids”. Some of my fondest memories in class have been seeing the way students interact and what they can achieve when working together towards a goal. From them, I would often learn different ways of looking at our world.

One of the great discoveries in life is how diverse the way we live can be. We are all one family, all part of humanity, yet, we can be so different in some ways and so much alike in others.

It would be a very boring world if we were all the same in every way. We would know what each other thinks and does. There would be little to discover and little to challenge the way we think.

Thank you for sharing your experiences but there is one question coming to mind. Now you have found out more about other countries, have you all caught the travel bug and one day hope to see your discovery countries in person in the future? 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

2. How fantastic to see you all learning from each other! The new classroom furniture looks fabulous too. You are very lucky to have such beautiful surroundings to work in every day!

3. Well done again in your learning Seniors! You are so lucky to be able to have choice about projects and information on what you are learning about. When I was at school, everyone had the same questions and country (or topic) to explore, and not many options of HOW to present them. Countries are so interesting, and one day you will travel and say, ‘Wow, I remember (Sarah, Joe, Robbie… etc….) Teaching me about that in Year 6! You will also travel more and earlier than most of your teachers! I was 21 when I first went on a plane .. and only to Sydney! Keep learning, keep listening to your peers and keep working hard and using ALL of the talents and abilities you have! Proud of you all. Keep it up,
    Mrs Bellesini

4. What a wonderful way to do learning and I agree with the title of this post ‘kids learning form each other’ and I think that this is the best way to learn. I agree with the comment before, I am sure that some of the things you have learnt will stay with you for a very long time. I would love to know more about what you thought of this style of learning and whether or not it helped you to learn more effectively.

5. Seniors you are all so lucky to have such a lovely classroom with bright colorful furniture and the ability to move to different locations in the room for different activities. When i was in school we sat at the same desk for the whole day. It is also fantastic the way you share and learn from each other, not only about the different Olympic countries but the different ways you choose to display your information. Well Done and keep up the good work.
    Judy Noy