Wild Action Zoo

The WILD ACTION ZOO visited our school. They brought in many different insects and invertebrates, animals with no backbones. We saw and touched scorpions, miriapods, arthropods, meal worms, centipedes and more.
PLEASE Listen to our Reflections and new Discoveries!!

13 thoughts on “Wild Action Zoo

1. Wow, everyone appears to be very brave handling the lizard and minibeasts. They are so big. It was great that Xavier could bring the lizard and insects into the discovery centre, to help the class learn about these and the insects they brought from home. Everyone spoke very well.

2. I heard some great scientific language when I listened to your reflections and discoveries!
    You have learnt SO much already!

Mrs Yore

3. Oliver’s grandpa used to be a bee keeper aswell, but after suffering many stings at the hands of his beautiful bees, he developed an allergy to the sting and after ending up in hospital with anaphylactic shock, he has had to quit his passion for bee keeping and now carries an epi pen with him at all times just in case. He continues to love bees regardless.
    Keep up your good work junior G.

4. Wow, your VERY brave, you touched a scorpion!!!! I am certainley not that brave!!! I have touched and seen some dangerous mini beasts before though, that was really cool! We didn’t get to touch or see scorpions though!!!!!
    Ellie 😀

5. Wow, even though that creature looked pretty fierce, I would love to have this as my pet at home! Your so brave to hold it up! Good Luck with your further posts.

From Tom and Cameron

6. wow is that spider a turantular? Because there are lots of type of spider…:D 🙂

Jake (highlawnprimary)

well done!

7. Billy and Kieran, we had about a dozen different creatures in the class, from wild action zoo. It was a fabulous way to learn being able to hold, touch or just get up close to all the creatures. Thanks for your comments from mrs Gridley

8. Hi Jake, the spider is an Australian bird eating spider. It builds it’s trap underground and waits for it’s prey to walk by. It is not officially a tarantula but some people call it the Australian tarantula.
    From mrs Gridley